17.7.16

Day 2 The Blackbird pub

Hello!
This is going to be a rant, because I'm still annoyed by what happened yesterday.
After a long and tiring day of walking around and exploring we decided to eat out for dinner,we didn't want anything fancy because we were exhausted. (My dad,brother and I) decided to eat at a pub, because we thought it'll do the job, nice and easy.
After consulting google, we decided to eat in The Blackbird Bar.


 About the Blackbird Edinburgh. Winner of the Scottish Style Awards 2013




The restaurant part of the pub is quite small,but cute. They're about section of their website describes this:  Winner of the Scottish Style Award 2013 – The Blackbird brings together house batch cocktails, craft beers, great food and weekly live music sessions. What’s not to love?

I'll tell you what's not to love, we were sat right at the back of this small restaurant area, fair enough because it was the only 3 seater place available. But that meant the waiters attended to everyone else before us, even when everybody else had been tended to it was still really hard to get the staff's attention!
Opposite us was a group of ladies that must've been out celebrating something because they were so loud the whole time. We couldn't hear ourselves! It wasn't just 5 minutes or half an hour either, they were there for about 2 hours, I'm not saying people shouldn't go out and have fun with they're friends, I just got a little annoyed  that I couldn't hear the people I was sitting right next to when I was trying to make conversation.

The waiters took forever to attend to us, I ordered the Seared lamb rump, baby aubergine, lemon, warm broad bean salad, bee pollen, pomegranate. 

Four very thin slices of meat and a pile of beans is not what I expected,I was very dissapointed.
On the other hand, my brother and dad enjoyed their choices of The Blackbird steak pie; butter puff pastry, twice cooked chips, and the 8oz Scottish beef burger, brioche bun, Applewood Smoked Cheddar, tomato salsa, dill pickle, twice cooked chips.
So maybe I just made the wrong choice of food,because I was the only person left hungry after their meal, so I thought I should order dessert because that way I won't feel like I've got an empty stomach.

My dad opted out for dessert as he was felling stuffed after his burger, ad my brother wasn't sure if he should order anything or not. But by the time the waiters noticed us again, my dad was hungry, I was starving and my brother was sure he was going to order dessert.

Dad and I both had the same thing: TBB Bananas Foster, Belgian waffles. Caramelised banana, muscovado, flamed spiced rum, vanilla pod ice cream.
My brother ordered the Warm chocolate brownie, salted caramel, vanilla pod ice cream.

The bill took about five minutes to come.
It came to a whopping 70 pounds, the most we'd spent on a night out in a long time, and in a pub!

Overall I do NOT recommend going here for the dinning experience, if you fancy a drink or two though, I can't say anything because I didn't stay to enjoy their pub after dinner!


Stay tuned for day three  of my UK adventures coming soon!

6 comments:

  1. Amazing Blog!
    xx
    http://erubescentecstasy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds pretty frustrating! For that price you'd expect something a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. look like a great place, theres one in Holland i don't know if it a chain or something but that one was really good

    Loves from Sun & http://likesocharming.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so frustrating! Hate when this happens
    Alexandra - ArtMandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Expensive it was :( It happend to me one time in pub after that I always check review of any pub or restaurant before I go so that I can get ideas of that place.

    Climb Kilimanjaro UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. It look very nice and that have must been very frustrating...

    www.annanuttall.com

    ReplyDelete